Purpose

In our lovely homeschooling community and in this age of technology and information, there are so many ideas, resources, and experiences out there, it's hard to keep track of them all. I hope this blog can help us, as a group, share and remember these great finds.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Book Review for The Familiars by Adam Jay Epstein and Andrew Jacobson

The Familiars
The Familiars is one of my favorite books, and I think it might be yours too. It has creatures that you might recognize, such as a hydra, many cool spells, and cool new monsters such as the “Gundabeast”. I highly recommend this book because it's a book for any ages, if you have little children in your family it's a good read aloud book, plus it has pictures, and if you have a older child that wants to read it on his or her own, it's a fun read for all ages.

The main character in the Familiars is a alley cat that jumped into a Familiar shop through a back window and is mistaken for a telekinetic cat, or a cat that can make things move with his mind. Then he is chosen to be a companion, or a Familiar, to a wizard in training, called a Loyal, and taken to the Loyal's home, called the Stone Runlet. Then, the Loyals get stolen by the evil queen, and I wondered for a while if the queen was actually evil, but I'll leave the ending for you to figure out. The Familiars have to go pretty much all over the Vastia map, Vastia being the queendom that they are in, trying to find the Loyals.

As I have said, it is one of my favorite books and I am waiting to check out the next one at the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment