At Park Day I was mentioning our Education Stations that we have been using and my kids have really enjoyed. I got the idea from our Sunday Stations that we would use on Sundays when we were waiting for 11:30 church to start. I set up 5 stations that the boys spend 15 minutes at each station. I do set a timer as I need the regular reminder. We always have a reading station,(usually McGuffy Readers and then other reading in the time we have left over) writing station (I give them a topic to write about or we write letters to family or Missionaries) and Math (usually Khan Academy)station. Then the other 2 stations change based on what we are learning. One of them is usually a music/ art station (they are learning to read music using hand bells or Artist Trading Cards) and the other can be anything from building marble runs, to learning about Volcanos, to reviewing with Brain Quest Cards.
I am always looking at the many resources I have and wishing I could incorporate more of them in our daily learning. Our Education Stations have helped bring peace an order to our learning as there is no fighting over Who's turn it is at the computer or everyone wanting my time at lunch or dinner time to focus on their reading assignment.
I am thankful for inspiration that makes my life and my home happier!
I did stations with my kids last week after I talked to you and they LOVED it! They keep asking when are we going to do stations again. Great idea. =)
ReplyDelete